David Heber, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.S.N, is a respected global nutrition expert. As chairman of the Nutrition Advisory Board and Herbalife Nutrition Institute, he believes that balanced nutrition and regular exercise can lead to positive change.
“Balanced nutrition means getting the right amounts of key nutrients,” says Heber, a consultant with Herbalife since 2005, whose main research interests are obesity treatment and research into the health benefits of good nutrition.
Heber says positive results come with a diet consisting of the right proportion of protein, fat, carbohydrates and fiber. “Up to 30 percent of our daily calories from healthy fats, 40 percent from carbs and 30 percent from proteins,” he says. “When it comes to fats, it is important to eat less saturated fats and more Omega-3s. And we can’t forget to eat 25 grams of fiber each day. Also, no nutrition program is balanced without rest, exercise and hydration.”
David Heber believes that it’s really the power of nutrition combined with exercise that leads to meaningful change, so he has been working to spread the word about how our products support a healthy, active life. “Protein-rich meal replacement options, like Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix, fit into the nutrition philosophy of Herbalife,” he says. “Products like these can help you achieve your nutritional goals.”
David Heber Career Highlights:
- Included in the Thomson Reuters “The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds: 2014” list.
- From 2002 to 2012, part of the top one percent of scientists whose work was cited by other authors of scientific papers in the field of Agricultural Sciences, as surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
- Repeatedly included in “The Best Doctors in America” and “Who’s Who in America.”
- In addition to writing over 225 peer-reviewed scientific articles and several professional texts, has written four books for the public: “Natural Remedies for a Healthy Heart,” “The Resolution Diet,” “What Color Is Your Diet?” and “The L.A. Shape Diet.” Holds a B.S. in chemistry, magna cum laude, from the University of California, Los Angeles, 1969; an M.D. from Harvard Medical School, 1973; and a Ph.D. in physiology from UCLA, 1978.
- Board-certified in internal medicine and endocrinology and metabolism by the American Board of Internal Medicine, and is a certified physician nutrition specialist.
David Heber is an emeritus professor. He is affiliated with Herbalife and he does not represent the University of California.